I just finished booking a hotel room in downtown Toronto using Priceline.com. I was curious about how Priceline worked and how much money it would save. Unfortunately, I made a mistake when I entering the bids and ended up with an extra hotel room which cost me $116. Oops!
Oh well – I’ll be posting on the experience in a few weeks.
On with the links
Landlord Rescue had a good post called 11 Biggest lies in real estate investing.
Financial Uproar came out with another edition of Hot blogger chicks gone wild.
How to save money asks Is this morally wrong? He bought an item, started using it, noticed the price went down, bought another item at the lower price and then returned the new item with the old (higher) receipt.
Million Dollar Journey had a guest post which explains why a strong loonie doesn’t mean lower prices for imported products.
Larry Swedroe asks if Bill Miller’s stock picks will make you rich. Miller was an “allstar” money manager for about 15 years. Then he was one of the worst managers.
Retire Happy blog has a new allowance/work for pay program for his kids. I really like this idea.
Boomer and Echo is sad because Everyone is going to Vegas except him.
Rob Carrick is Singing the home insurance blues. Rob says that you should change insurance companies every year to save money.
Krystal wrote a great post called It’s your job, but is it your passion? You don’t need the perfect job to have a great life.
I recently found this amusing blog called Spousonomics. It’s hard to describe, but it basically talks about relationships and economics in a very funny way.
Dianne Nice tells How to get good deals on children’s sports. I need to bookmark this one.
Michael James says that the safety of 5-year fixed mortgages is exaggerated. Great post.
Canadian Personal Finance blog says you can call the CRA. I do this all the time – very helpful.
Oblivious Investor shows How to plan for uneven retirement spending.
Canadian Capitalist notes that Home insurance premiums are going up.
And finally – I always thought I had the dullest blog in the world. Apparently, that is not the case.
- Vanguard: What Makes Them Unique?
- This is Why You Can’t Make Money in the Stock Market
- SEP IRA – Contribution Limits and Deadlines
- Increasing Our Extra Mortgage Payments
- Guide For Life After College
- 7 Proven Credit Builders
- The P’s of Evaluating a Financial Advisor
- Where to Keep Your Emergency Fund — Nowadays there are not as many options as in the past for safe investments with moderate returns. But here are a few safe places to create your “rainy day” fund.
- How to File an Amended Tax Return
- Mortgage Applications Rise Even As Rates Inch Up. Is It Time To Buy Or Refinance?
- 10 Best Home Based Businesses
- When is it Best to Itemize Your Taxes?
- How to Negotiate Your Medical and Dental Bills – tips from an insider for saving money on your medical and dental bills.
- What To Do with Your Tax Refund. Ideas for responsibly using your tax refund.