Spring is finally here and it’s so much easier to do activities outside with the kids. Mitts, hats, scarves, heavy coats, winter boots can all go into storage. Of course my daughter still insists on a hat and gloves, but I think it’s more of a fashion thing.
On with the links
Rob Carrick did a fantastic piece on inflation, where he explains why the official inflation rate differs from our personal inflation.
Lily from Explore For a Year, did something I’ve always wanted to not do: 10 day silence meditation. Sounds like an interesting experience.
Holy Potato did a good analysis on buying REITs vs Rental Condo. Read the comments to get my opinion.
Retire Happy Blog shows how net income should be used for retirement planning.
According to the Bank Nerd – the Canadian economy is not as dependent on the US economy as much as previously thought.
Michael James has figured out a way to avoid Westjet baggage fees. And he suspects he isn’t the only one.
Boomer and Echo says that credit card interest rates are irrelevant.
Canadian Capitalist reported on the Horizons BetaPro US Dollar Currency ETF.
Million Dollar Journey wrote about Financial advice and financial quackery.
Some American links
- How Much Money Do You Need to Retire? – This article takes you through three easy steps to help you calculate how much you need to save for retirement.
- How is Social Security Taxed?
- Life Insurance Beneficiary. The Right Choice May Be Obvious
- How You Can Stay Sane While Moonlighting
- What Should I Do If I Miss The Tax Deadline?
- How Not to Spend Your Tax Refund
- Lending Club Note Trading Platform – FOLIOfn
- How To Choose A Mortgage Lender
- Find the Right Bank or Credit Union for You
- Can I Refinance My Mortgage?