I was happy to be published at Moneyville.ca this week – my article was called “Why you might (and might not) need an RESP“. It was quite well received and hopefully they will publish more of my articles in the future. If you haven’t checked out the site – go for it. There are lots of interesting personal finance articles.
On with the links
Larry Swedroe answers the question – What would happen if everyone indexed?
Bell backtracks on their incredibly greedy internet usage billing plan.
The Financial Blogger has some great job interview tips.
Rob Carrick has some very, very cheap investment options.
Dave the Mortgage Planner thinks that the 10-year mortgage is a good idea for some people. I tend to agree.
Dianne Nice of the Globe & Mail covers some different kids allowance methods. An amusing read.
Investor Junkie fears that his friends and family are taking advantage of his computer skills. Grow a pair and learn to say no.
An interesting fridge repair story. I never know what to do when appliances break – this article will help next time.
Michael James figures that labour shortages are really just cheap employers.
Million Dollar Journey did a Moolala book review and giveaway.
Canadian Capitalist says that the proposed family tax cut, is a tax cut for the rich.
Boomer and Echo explains how to create a Bond or GIC ladder.
Oblivious Investor answers some reader questions about investing.
Some American links
- Taking Social Security and Investing the Money
- Betterment.com Review: Easy Investing For Busy People
- Mileage Tax Deduction
- What Happens If You Contribute Too Much To IRA Or 401k? — Do you know what to do if you contributed to much to your IRA, Roth IRA, or 401k? If not, you have to read this and find out.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Filing a Tax Extension
- Credit Card Perks – Take Advantage of What You Have
- Baby Nursery Decorating – Save Money, Have Style
- Downsize Your Home and Upsize Your Wallet
- Better Investing for Beginners – Betterment Review – This investing platform isn’t for everyone, but it is a great solution for the right people… read this review and decide for yourself.