RESP Rules And Strategies For 2014
Here is a list of the best RESP articles on this site. You can find out all the information you need about RESP accounts, contributions, and withdrawals.
General RESP rules – One page summary of RESP accounts and their rules.
- RESP Contributions – Contribution rules and RESP grants with a couple of detailed examples.
- RESP Additional Grants – Takes a look at the extra grants available including additional CESG, Canada Learning Bond, Alberta ACES program.
- RESP contribution rules for 15, 16 and 17 year olds.
- Quebec provincial RESP grants – QESI – This is applicable to residents of Quebec.
- RESP Withdrawals – Different types of withdrawals from RESP accounts and their rules and tax implications.
- 8 Things you need to know about withdrawing money from your RESP account. Lays out the details of how to actually withdraw the money.
- How to withdraw excess money from your RESP account – If your child quits school early, then read this post.
- How to avoid RESP withdrawal penalties if your child doesn’t go to school.
- How to Start an RESP account – This article explains how to get an RESP account set up.
- How to set up the Safest, Simplest and Easiest RESP account.
- Differences between Self-Directed RESP plans and Group/Pooled/Scholarship Plans.
- RESP Individual and Family plans – A discussion of the rules, differences and similarities of these plans.
- RESP vs. Non-registered account – which is better? – A comparison of an RESP account and a non-registered (taxable) account to find out which is better financially if the child goes to school and if they don’t go to school. Trusts are also mentioned.
- RESP Asset allocation - This post covers some suggested asset allocations for your resp account.
- Canadian Residency Rules For RESPs – Find out the rules if you might be leaving the country.
- Keeping It All In Perspective – A reminder that RESP contributions shouldn’t take priority over more important financial obligations.